A feed is a function of special software that allows feedreaders to access a site, automatically looking for new content and then posting the information about new content and updates to another site. This provides a way for users to keep up with the latest and hottest information posted on different blogging sites.
There are several different kinds of feeds, read by different feedreaders. Some feeds include RSS (alternately defined as "Rich Site Summary" or "Really Simple Syndication"), Atom or RDF files.
If you create a blog at Blogger.com and the RSS feed URL is automatically generated for you. This is the easiest way to go. So every time you post to your blog, the feed is updated instantly.
And the feed URL for Blogger.com is very direct. You just need to add "feeds/posts/default" follow by your blog URL. Example:
In order to add RSS feed into your Mozilla Firefox, please follow the steps below.
- Open the feed URL in the browser
- Click on "Subscribe Now" button, a box will be pop-up
- Click on "Add" button, and RSS Feed is in your browser now.
- You can read your favorite blog instantly by install Mozilla Firefox Add-on named "RSS Ticker"
- How to install "RSS Ticker"? First click on Tools->Add-ons, Add-ons box will be pop-up.
- Click on "Browse Add Add-ons" link, a new tab will be appear in the browser.
- Try to find "RSS Ticker" in the page and click "Add to Firefox" button.
- A installation box will be pop-up, just click on "Install now" button.
- Firefox will install it into your browser. Once it complete and it will require restart your browser.
- After restart the browser, click on Tools->Add-ons. Add-ons box will be pop-up again.
- Click on Extension tab and find RSS Ticker, then click on "Options" button.
- RSS Ticker-Options box will be pop-up. Please un-check "Disable Ticker" and click "OK".
- You will see an extra bar at the bottom. Try to point your mouse over one of the topic. It will show a summary of the article.
I hope this article will help you guy understand more about RSS or Feed URL.